Five Ways to get People to Notice You
This post is also available in: Spanish
I’m not a shy person. Look at me, I like to wear sequins in the morning! It seems like wherever I go I draw some attention to myself. Is not just the guys who look, but the ladies as well. I don’t think people look because they’re romantically interested in me, but because I wear things that catch their eye.
If you’d like to get people to notice you I’m going to share with you my secrets to never flying under the radar; regardless of your size, the color of your hair or your budget. I have proven these five things to work when it comes to getting someone’s attention. This post is not only for girls who are on the prowl for a partner, is for everybody who likes to stand out in a crowd. If you’re going to a concert and would like your fave artist to notice you, you must follow my rules. Same if you’re going to a high school or college reunion and want people to spot you (and hopefully feel jealous of how good you look today), stick to my guidelines.
And remember ladies, this post is just to get someone to notice (and possibly be attracted to) how you look physically. Working on your personality is more important. Looks will only get you so far!
1. Heels. Heels are a girl’s best friend. They are your secret weapon. They make that certain noise that makes men’s ear stand to attention. It’s engraved in their brain that heels are sexy, and they will look at the sexy girl wearing them. Heels will get you noticed every time. They also make you look really, really hot, since the only way you can keep for falling is by standing straight and tall, chest pushed forward, butt sticking out.
2. Sequins. Even if you don’t want to look at them, you’re pretty much forced to. Sequins are to humans what lasers are to cats. We can’t stop looking at them and following them with our gaze. Please don’t start pawing at the sequins, it’s rude. If you’re out with your friends and trying to draw some looks your way wear sequins. Just remember to keep them appropriate for the occasion. Sequis in Church are not in good taste.
3. Fur. Faux or real, this is what gets me the most attention (OK, maybe it’s a tie between this and the heels). I don’t know what it is about it- perhaps its savage, animalistic nature, but men and women can’t help but stare.
4. Anything red. It can be as small as a red lip or as prominent as a coat. Red is the fastest way to get someone to notice you. It is proven to quicken heartbeat, and is a color associated with love and passion. Red is not a good color to wear on a job interview, but it’s a perfect pick me up when you’re feeling blue.
5. Attitude. Kings get treated the way they do because they command respect in the way they present themselves. We are all queens and must present ourselves so. Stand tall and proud (this is where heels really come in handy). Look forward when you walk. Make occasional eye contact with passerby’s. When you arrive somewhere let it be known you’re there. Perfect the art of making an entrance. Learn how to say no. If you’re shy put yourself in uncomfortable situations often and soon you’ll find yourself very comfortable in them. Be a little cocky, it’s OK. And most importantly- don’t forget to smile.
Remember, you can attract someone to you because of the way you look. But the only way to keep them is by the way you think. So work on that. And sorry, I cannot help you there.