Tendencias Primavera/Verano 2014
This post is also available in: Inglés
All photos courtesy of style.com
Hola chicas! Este artículo está en inglés porque es una traducción de un artículo que escribí para Mujer de Hoy. Lo pueden encontrar aquí!
Wanna find out the Spring Summer 2014 Fashion Trends? You’ve come to the right place- I’ve gathered them all up in one place, just for you! This is a translation of my article for iVillage Mujer and Telemundo. If you speak Español, I invite you to check it out here! Otherwise, keep reading! Me gusta!
The top Spring Summer 2014 trends are:
1. Button down shirts. Yes, that same top we’ve been using for years to go to the office was the single most seen garment down the runway. From Alexander Wang to Valentino, designers never got tired of showing us the different ways of wearing this shirt. All white, mixed colors, or in prints, button down shirts are here to stay.
2. Sporty Chic. This athletic fashion includes fabrics like neoprene, mesh, and of course, cotton. To avoid looking too casual, mix these garments with elegant accessories.
3. Pastels. The same colors we saw down the runways in 2013 make a comeback this year. Feel free to reuse the same pieces (yay for not breaking the bank).
4. Tea-length skirts. These lady-like skirts in a feminine silhouette are reminiscent of movie stars in the 50s. This type of skirt is best for taller women. However, even the shortest ones can wear them, as long as they wear high heels.
5. Metallics. This season, you can shine with metallics! You can try them one piece at a time or, for a more daring look, wear this trends from head to toe.
6. Wide-leg bottoms. The 70s look is back this season, thanks to wide-legged pants. Is best to pair this trend with tight, or crop tops.
7. Shift blouses. Straight tops that don’t define your silhouette are known as “shift.” Is best if you pair them with a tighter bottom, so you can take advantage of the trend, while still showing off your figure.
8. Pop Art. Fashion is art, and if you don’t believe me, see what designers like Prada, Céline, and Jil Sander propose this season. Pop art was very big on the runway!
9. Black and white. Two colors that go hand in white, black and white also had their time on the runway. To highlight this trend, try to combine it with a red accessory. If can be anything from a bag, shoes, or even lipstick!
10. All white everything. White is the color of renewal, and this season, wearing white from head to toe looks quite new. For a more interesting look, wear different shades of white.
11. Boxy jackets. We’re not talking about the same moto jackers we’ve seen season after season, no. These are the jackets that were around during the 90s! Be sure they’re not fitted, and wear them in fun colors and patterns!
12. 3D Embellishments. A trend for those who (like myself) reject minimalism. This season, designers like Louis Vuitton, Prada, and Marc Jacobs show us that more is more. We saw different appliqués and all sorts of embellishments to down the runways, all of which, gave more dimensions to the garments.
13. Sweaters. If you want to be comfy, designers like Christopher Kane and Altuzarra propose you mix sweaters with more elegant pieces for a casual, yet chic look. This spring you’ll find sweaters in striking colors and fabrics, as well as to-die-for designs.
14. Florals. “Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.” Of course, florals are present every.single.spring. Just as we expected. Nothing else to say on this subject.
15. Printed shirts. From logos to funny phrases, if there was anything designers wanted to say, they said it on their tops. These shirts are perfect for a casual day, but you can also pair them with a skirt and heels for a different look.
16. Pink. This romantic and feminine color was very prominent down the runway. You can use it as an accent color, or, for a more dramatic look, from head to toe.
17. Mesh. A sporty fabric, mesh is perfect for those warm days. Is also a very sexy fabric, since it covers you up, but leaves a little to the imagination. Be sure to pick the right underwear when you’re rocking this trend.
18. Geometric prints. Checkers, stripes, circles, and even triangles had their time on the runway- in bold colors, and even monochrome. Your spring/summer wardrobe simply won’t be compete until you incluye a garment with a figure you studied in geometry.
19. The 90s. It may seem like they were just yesterday, but the 90s were 20 years ago! If you remember the short, boxy jackets and the slip dresses you won’t have a hard time recreating this trend.
20. International fashion. Ethnic styles were a big hit down the runways this season. From Givenchy’s African styles, to Valentino’s Andean inspirations, designers took us on a trip around the world.